You can cook this very tasty vegan curry for an exotic yet easy to make family dinner. With spinach and sweet potato, it boasts two of your five-a-day and it’s under 400 calories.
To make this delicious and healthy sweet potato curry, you will require the following ingredients.
- 1 tbsp or 3tsp coconut oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- Thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp or 9 tsp Thai red curry paste (Make sure it’s vegetarian vegan)
- 1 tbsp or 3 tsp smooth peanut butter
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 200g bag spinach
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cooked rice (to serve – optional)
- Dry roasted peanuts, to serve – optional
Sweet Potato Curry Directions:
- Melt 1 tbsp or 3 tsp coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and soften 1 chopped onion for 5 mins. Add 2 grated garlic cloves and a grated thumb-sized piece of ginger, and cook for 1 min until fragrant.
- Stir in 3 tbsp or 3 tsp Thai red curry paste, 1 tbsp or 3 tsp smooth peanut butter and 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks, then add 400ml coconut milk and 200ml water.
- Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft.
- Stir through 200g spinach and the juice of 1 lime, and season well. Serve with cooked rice, and if you want some crunch, sprinkle over a few dry roasted peanuts.
We hope that you will love this satay sweet potato curry recipe. Please subscribe to us for more of our delicious and healthy recipes and the latest food and health blogs. You can also follow us on our social media pages i.e. Instagram and Facebook. Feel free to use the comment section to tell us how much you loved this recipe when you tried it or any health or diet related query.