You can cook this very tasty vegan curry for an exotic yet easy to make family dinner. With spinach and sweet potato, it boasts two of your five-a-day and it’s under 400 calories.
To make this delicious and healthy sweet potato curry recipe, you will require the following ingredients.
- 1 tbsp or 3tsp coconut oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- Thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp or 9 tsp Thai red curry paste (Make sure it’s vegetarian vegan)
- 1 tbsp or 3 tsp smooth peanut butter
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 200g bag spinach
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cooked rice (to serve – optional)
- Dry roasted peanuts, to serve – optional
Sweet Potato Curry Directions:
- Melt 1 tbsp or 3 tsp coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and soften 1 chopped onion for 5 mins. Add 2 grated garlic cloves and a grated thumb-sized piece of ginger, and cook for 1 min until fragrant.
- Stir in 3 tbsp or 3 tsp Thai red curry paste, 1 tbsp or 3 tsp smooth peanut butter and 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks, then add 400ml coconut milk and 200ml water.
- Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft.
- Stir through 200g spinach and the juice of 1 lime, and season well. Serve with cooked rice, and if you want some crunch, sprinkle over a few dry roasted peanuts.
What is a sweet potato?
The sweet potato is a bland, sweet-tasting root vegetable. They have a dainty, earthy colored skin outwardly with shaded tissue inside – most normally orange in shading, however different assortments are white, purple or yellow. You can eat sweet potato entire or stripped, and the leaves of the plant are palatable, as well.
The two of them might be called ‘potatoes’, yet sweet and white potatoes are not really related. Organically, the yam has a place with the bindweed or morning wonder family, though the white potato sits in the nightshade family.
Healthy benefit of sweet potatoes:
Sweet potatoes are a rich source of fiber just as containing a variety of nutrients and minerals including iron, calcium, selenium, and they’re a decent wellspring of the vast majority of our B nutrients and nutrient C.
One of the key healthful advantages of yam is that they’re high in a cancer prevention agent known as beta-carotene, which changes over to Vitamin A once devoured. Include a sprinkle of olive oil not long before serving to expand your retention of advantageous beta-carotene.
Get familiar with why we need fiber, nutrients, and minerals.
80g of sweet potatoes, or around one medium potato, tallies towards one of your five-a-day, not at all like white potato which doesn’t. Investigate our infographic to discover what considers 5-a-day.
Can sweet potatoes help decrease the danger of malignancy?
While there are no single ‘superfoods’ that can forestall malignancy and certain hazard factors for disease are irrelevant to abstain from food, there is proof that eating a sound eating regimen can diminish the danger of disease.
Foods grown from the ground are high in cell reinforcements, exacerbates that help safeguard the body against harm by ‘free radicals’.
Studies have proposed that the cell reinforcements in the strip of sweet potatoes specifically, and particularly purple yam, may help diminish this oxidation procedure, accordingly decreasing the danger of malignancy. To get the most nourishment from your yams, don’t strip – basically scour a long time before cooking.
An examination in Asia additionally found that eats less high in Vitamin A rich vegetables, including yam leaves, may give expected insurance from lung disease.
Are sweet potatoes useful for digestion?
Sweet potatoes are high in fiber, which has been appeared to advance a sound stomach related framework. A great part of the exploration so far has been led on creatures, however no doubt the high phytosterol substance of yams protectively affects the stomach related framework and might be significant in the anticipation and the executives of duodenal and gastric ulcers, including those because of NSAIDS (non-steroidal calming medications, for example, ibuprofen).
We hope that you will love this satay sweet potato curry recipe. Please subscribe to us for more of our delicious and healthy recipes and the latest food and health blogs. You can also follow us on our social media pages i.e. Instagram and Facebook. Feel free to use the comment section to tell us how much you loved this recipe when you tried it or any health or diet related query.