Vegan food is loved by all and it is healthy. It has its unique taste and aroma. Vegan diet consists of only plants such as vegetables, nuts, pulses, fruits and grains. However, those who are pure vegans do not eat food that comes from animals including eggs and dairy products.
Today’s recipe is a comparatively easy recipe. It has a lot of health benefits and it is full of healthy nutrients. Thus, you can say it is the world’s best vegan chili recipe.
Let’s have a look at the ingredients required to make this healthy vegan recipe.
Ingredients required for vegan chili recipe:
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp.
- Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into medium chunks – 2
- Smoked paprika – 2 tsp.
- Ground cumin – 2 tsp.
- Chopped onion – 1
- Peeled and chopped carrots – 2
- Chopped celery sticks – 2
- Crushed garlic cloves – 2
- Chili powder – 1 to 2 tsp. (Depends on how hot you prefer).
- Dried oregano – 1 tsp.
- Tomato puree – 1 tbsp.
- Red pepper, cut in to chunks – 1
- 400g cans of chopped tomatoes – 2
- 400g drained black beans can – 1
- 400g can drained, Kidney beans – 1
Vegan food list for serving:
- Lime wedges
Method for vegan chili recipe:
- To begin, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas. Secondly, put the chunks of sweet potatoes in a roasting tin and drizzle over 1 tbsp. oil, 1 tbsp. ground cumin and 1 tbsp. smoked paprika. Next, mix everything properly so that all the chunks are coated in spices. Now, season with pepper and salt then roast for 25 minutes until cooked.
- In the meanwhile, make sure to heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. After that, add the carrot, onion and celery. Now, cook for 8-10 minutes while stirring occasionally until soft and then crush in the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Besides, add the tomato puree and the remaining dried spices. Mix everything neatly and cook for 1 minute more.
- Moreover, add the red pepper 200ml of water and chopped tomatoes. Now, bring the chili to a boil then simmer for about 20 minutes. Next, tip in the beans and cook for another 10 minutes and then add the sweet potatoes. Now, season to taste and in the end, serve with lime wedges, rice, guacamole and coriander. Make ahead and freeze for up to 3 months.
We hope that you will love this vegan – “World’s best vegan chili recipe”. Please subscribe to us for more of our delicious and healthy recipes and the latest food and health blogs. You can check a variety of other healthy and delicious recipes on our website as well as numerous health, diet, fitness, and weight loss related blogs. You can also follow us on our social media pages i.e. Instagram and Facebook.