We have yet another delicious wholesome recipe for you to try which is Winter Citrus Butter Salmon. This is a very healthy and nutritious recipe. Most importantly, it is very easy to make. Moreover, you can make this recipe within a very limited time.
Last week we added the Overnight 7 Layer Salad in the wholesome section of our website. You can have a look at this recipe as well. We hope that you will love this recipe as well. Let’s have a look at the ingredients required to make winter citrus butter salmon.
- 1-2 pounds salmon filet
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 ½ tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of freshly grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp of olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced blood orange
For Herb Butter:
- 3 tbsp or 9 tsp of melted , unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh herbs basil i.e. oregano, sage and thyme etc.
- A pinch of salt
For Winter Citrus Salsa:
- 1 chopped and segmented blood orange
- 1 segmented and chopped cara cara orange
- 1 small shallot, diced
- ½ seeded and diced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tbsp or 6 tsp of fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the broiler in your oven to high and set the oven rack about 6 inches below it.
- Place the salmon on a baking sheet. In a bowl, stir together the brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic and lemon zest. Add the olive oil to make a wet rub. Rub the mixture all over the salmon. Place the blood orange slices on top.
- Broil the salmon for 6 to 8 minutes, or until just opaque and flakey with a fork. Drizzle with the herb butter and serve with the winter citrus salsa. I also like to eat this on a salad with feta or with a brown rice + quinoa blend!
- Stir together the melted butter, fresh herbs and salt.
Winter Citrus Salsa:
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until combined. This will last for about a day in a sealed container in the fridge.
We really hope that you will love this Winter citrus butter salmon recipe. Please subscribe to us for more of our delicious and healthy recipes and the latest food and health blogs.
We hope that you will love this winter citrus butter salmon recipe. Please subscribe to us for more of our delicious and healthy recipes and the latest food and health blogs. You can also follow us on our social media pages i.e. Instagram and Facebook.