To make this deliciously healthy Mediterranean Orzo salad you will require the following ingredients.
- 6 Oz of dry gluten-free or regular orzo pasta.
- 1 – 1/2 cups of grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half.
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced.
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese.
- 1/4 cup minced parsley.
- 2 Tablespoons gluten-free capers, drained.
For the Lemon Dressing:
- Salt and pepper, as per requirement.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon honey.
- 1 clove garlic.
- Cook pasta according to regulations on the package then drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- For the Lemon Dressing: combine lemon juice, salt, pepper, honey, and garlic in a food processor then prepare while slowly drizzling in olive oil. Taste then add more salt and pepper if required.
- Mix cooked pasta with unused ingredients then drizzle with suitable dressing to coat. Mix and serve or refrigerate it until you are ready to serve.
Guideline to make Mediterranean Orzo salad:
- You may begin the Mediterranean Orzo Salad with 6oz orzo (gluten-free if you like). Orzo which is also called Risoni is a pasta that looks like a large grain of rice. It is great for side dishes. Start by cooking the orzo in salted, boiling water until it’s still firm when bitten, then drain and set aside to cool off for a little.
- Meantime, whip up the Lemon Dressing that will dress the pasta salad. Initially, add 1/4 cup lemon juice and plenty of salt and pepper into a food processor or a bowl, then add 1 teaspoon honey, and 1 clove garlic (minced if you’re going the bowl/whisk route). Process or whisk while slowly drizzle 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Taste and then then combine more salt and pepper if needed, and then set aside. You could make this recipe before of time.
- Following, to a large bowl add 1-1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half. Next add 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced into rings.
- Followed by 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese.
- Next, add 1/4 cup chopped parsley (also a garden staple!) and 2 Tablespoons capers. Just…yum.
Mix everything together with the cooked pasta and enough lemon dressing to coat. You may serve straight away or keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to eat it. I really hope that you will love this light and flavor-packed side-dish recipe.
Mediterranean Orzo Salad is a very simple vegetarian side dish recipe which is relatively easier to cook. This recipe is packed with fresh and zesty essences.
This simple, orzo-based side dish is stuffed with the fresh and zesty flavor of tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta cheese, capers, fresh parsley, and a zingy Lemon Dressing. Something great about this food recipe is that it is great both warm or cold.
This is the ideal side to serve with grilled chicken, fish, or steak. Addicting, too, so take a fork and a friend and get set to dig in!
I really hope that you will enjoy this deliciously healthy food recipe when you will try it. Please leave your reviews when you try this recipe at home – Happy eating.
We hope that you will love this orzo salad recipe. Please subscribe to us for more of our delicious and healthy recipes and the latest food and health blogs. You can also follow us on our social media pages i.e. Instagram and Facebook.