This is a great mediterranean breakfast recipe. To make this deliciously healthy Mediterranean Orzo salad you will require the following ingredients.
- 6 Oz of dry gluten-free or regular orzo pasta.
- 1 – 1/2 cups of grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half.
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced.
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese.
- 1/4 cup minced parsley.
- 2 Tablespoons gluten-free capers, drained.
For the Lemon Dressing:
- Salt and pepper, as per requirement.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon honey.
- 1 clove garlic.
- Cook pasta according to regulations on the package then drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- For the Lemon Dressing: combine lemon juice, salt, pepper, honey, and garlic in a food processor then prepare while slowly drizzling in olive oil. Taste then add more salt and pepper if required.
- Mix cooked pasta with unused ingredients then drizzle with suitable dressing to coat. Mix and serve or refrigerate it until you are ready to serve.
Guideline to make Mediterranean Orzo salad:
- You may begin the Mediterranean Orzo Salad with 6oz orzo (gluten-free if you like). Orzo which is also called Risoni is a pasta that looks like a large grain of rice. It is great for side dishes. Start by cooking the orzo in salted, boiling water until it’s still firm when bitten, then drain and set aside to cool off for a little.
- Meantime, whip up the Lemon Dressing that will dress the pasta salad. Initially, add 1/4 cup lemon juice and plenty of salt and pepper into a food processor or a bowl, then add 1 teaspoon honey, and 1 clove garlic (minced if you’re going the bowl/whisk route). Process or whisk while slowly drizzle 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Taste and then then combine more salt and pepper if needed, and then set aside. You could make this recipe before of time.
- Following, to a large bowl add 1-1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half. Next add 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced into rings.
- Followed by 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese.
- Next, add 1/4 cup chopped parsley (also a garden staple!) and 2 Tablespoons capers. Just…yum.
Mix everything together with the cooked pasta and enough lemon dressing to coat. You may serve straight away or keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to eat it. I really hope that you will love this light and flavor-packed side-dish recipe.
Mediterranean Orzo Salad is a very simple vegetarian side dish recipe which is relatively easier to cook. This recipe is packed with fresh and zesty essences.
This simple, orzo-based side dish is stuffed with the fresh and zesty flavor of tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta cheese, capers, fresh parsley, and a zingy Lemon Dressing. Something great about this food recipe is that it is great both warm or cold.
This is the ideal side to serve with grilled chicken, fish, or steak. Addicting, too, so take a fork and a friend and get set to dig in!
Health benefits of Kalamata Olives:
Packed with antioxidants:
Kalamata olives contain a wide scope of cell antioxidants, which are particles that battle free radicals in your body and decrease your danger of certain incessant ailments. Among them, a gathering of plant mixes got polyphenols sticks out.
Two primary sorts of polyphenols found in olives are oleuropein and hydroxytyrosol.
Oleuropein represents generally 80% of the absolute phenolic content in crude olives — this is the compound answerable for their severe taste. During handling, the greater part of the oleuropein is debased into hydroxytyrosol and tyrosol.
Promote heart wellbeing:
Kalamata olives are rich in MUFAs — to be specific oleic corrosive — which are connected to a lower danger of coronary illness.
Exploration proposes that oleic corrosive may lessen aggravation related to weight. It might likewise decrease atherosclerosis, or the development of plaque in your veins, a condition that can prompt hypertension and an expanded danger of stroke.
Likewise, oleic corrosive has a quick oxidation rate, implying that it’s more averse to be put away as fat and bound to be singed for vitality in your body.
Shield nerve cells from damage:
Numerous neurodegenerative infections that cause synapses to disintegrate, for example, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease, result from the harming impacts of free radicals.
Given that cancer prevention agents battle free radicals to kill their hurtful impacts, cell reinforcement rich kalamata olives may help ensure against these conditions.
Health benefits of Honey:
Honey is a vital ingredient of mediterranean salad. Due to its vitality and health benefits it is a part of most of the recipes for mediterranean diet.
Rich in Antioxidants:
Great honey contains numerous significant cancer prevention agents. These incorporate natural acids and phenolic mixes like flavonoids.
Researchers accept that the blend of these mixes gives honey its cancer prevention agent power.
Curiously, two examinations have demonstrated that buckwheat honey expands the cancer prevention agent estimation of your blood.
Cell reinforcements have been connected to a diminished danger of coronary episodes, strokes, and a few sorts of malignant growth. They may likewise advance eye wellbeing.
High LDL cholesterol levels are a solid hazard factor for coronary illness. This sort of cholesterol assumes a significant job in atherosclerosis, the greasy development in your conduits that can prompt coronary episodes and strokes.
Strangely, a few examinations show that nectar may improve your cholesterol levels. It decreases aggregate and “Bad” LDL cholesterol while essentially raising “Good” HDL cholesterol.
Promotes Burn and Wound Healing:
The skin nectar treatment has been utilized to mend wounds and consumes since old Egypt is as yet normal today. A survey of 26 investigations on nectar and wound consideration discovered nectar best at mending incomplete thickness copies and wounds that have gotten contaminated after the medical procedure.
Honey is additionally a viable treatment for diabetic foot ulcers, which are not kidding entanglements that can prompt removal.
One investigation detailed a 43.3% achievement rate with nectar as injury treatment. In another investigation, effective nectar recuperated an astounding 97% of patients’ diabetic ulcers.
Analysts accept that nectar’s recuperating powers originate from its antibacterial and mitigating impacts just as its capacity to support encompassing tissue.
I really hope that you will enjoy this deliciously healthy mediterranean salad food recipe when you will try it. Please leave your reviews when you try this recipe at home – Happy eating.
We hope that you will love this orzo salad recipe. Please subscribe to us for more of our delicious and healthy recipes and the latest food and health blogs. You can also follow us on our social media pages i.e. Instagram and Facebook.