The purpose of our blog website is to guide you towards a healthy diet and as well as a healthier lifestyle. To help you achieve that, we will regularly update our website and add health-friendly blogs. We will add healthy and nutritious recipes and health and diet-related blogs to help you stay fit and healthy just like the one we will discuss in this blog i.e. Herbal lamb fillet with caponata recipe.
Today we have yet another delicious Mediterranean recipe for you to try which is Herbal lamb fillet with Caponata. This is a very healthy and nutritious recipe. Most importantly, it is very easy to make. Moreover, you can make this recipe within a very limited time. It serves two people and can be prepared within 30 minutes.
Last week we added the Mediterranean Orzo salad recipe in the Mediterranean section of our website. You can have a look at this recipe as well. We hope that you will love this recipe equally. Let’s have a look at the ingredients required to make this healthy and yummy Herbal lamb fillet caponata recipe.
- 3 cloves of garlic
For the caponata:
- 2 tsp of rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion, finely cut into wedges
- 1 sliced and quartered aubergine
- 500g carton passata
- 1 quartered, deseeded and sliced green pepper
- 6 pitted Kalamata olives, rinsed and halved
- 2 tsp rinsed capers
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
For lamb and potatoes:
- 4 baby (New) potatoes, halved
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 250g lean lamb loin fillet, make sure all visible fat is removed
- 240g bag of baby spinach
- Finely chopped parsley (Optional)
Herbal lamb fillet with Caponata Directions:
- Start by slicing 2 of the garlic cloves for the caponata and finely grate the other for the lamb and set aside. Now, heat the oil for the caponata in a wide pan then add the onion and fry for about 5 minutes to soften. After that tip in the aubergine and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes more. Add the passata and pepper with the olives, capers, rosemary, and balsamic vinegar, then cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In the meanwhile, heat oven to 190C/170C fan/ gas 5. Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes, then drain. Mix the grated garlic with the rosemary and some black pepper, then rub all over the lamb. Toss the potatoes in the oil with some more black pepper, place in a small roasting tin with the lamb and roast for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, wilt the spinach in the microwave or a pan, and squeeze to empty any excess liquid.
- Now, stir the garlic into the caponata and serve with the lamb, either whole or sliced, rolled in parsley if you like, with the potatoes and spinach.
The choice is yours.
We hope that you will love this herbal lamb fillet with caponata recipe. Please subscribe to us for more of our delicious and healthy recipes and the latest food and health blogs. You can also follow us on our social media pages i.e. Instagram and Facebook.